Sunday, February 6, 2011

We Are Millwall...From The Den

Friday was movie night and Rebecca and I watched The Duchess and Mamma Mia...both of which I really enjoyed. It was really cool to see places that I have been while watching the Duchess and hopefully places I will see like in Mamma Mia.

Saturday was soccer day! Rebecca and I went to a Millwall soccer game(football if your are from London). Since Farringdon station was closed and all the tube lines that we needed were closed, we had to take a bus to another station and then figure out where to go from there. It was a really interesting trip to say the least but really fun.


After a couple of wrong stops and getting a little confused, we made it to the correct stop and started following people who we hoped knew where they were going. Lucky for us we followed the right people and made it to the stadium in one piece.


The game was in South London, not the nicest part of London but it did not really matter once we were in the stadium. The home team (which we rooted for) was the Millwall Lions. The game itself was eye-opening, nothing like any sporting game I had ever been to. For starters it was a soccer game, I have never been to a professional soccer game(because I am not the biggest soccer fan...American football that I like).


In London, at least at sporting events cursing is the norm. Everyone around us was swearing uncontrollably...which was very entertaining... Another thing was the food, I had a hot dog that was on a baguette..very tasty not as good as a Dodger Dog but it was pretty good.


My favorite part of the game was the cheering and the chants that they would shout. It took me the whole game to figure it out. "Nobody likes us, nobody likes us, nobody likes us, but we don't care... We are Millwall, we are Millwall, super Millwall, we are Millwall from the Den!"


At the very end of the game we scored a goal...making the score 1-0 Millwall...it was a very exciting and high intensity game that I really enjoyed!


Later that night I skyped with Cami and she took the computer down to the landing and placed it in "my spot" so I could sit where I always sit at ADPi! I loved it and I got to talk to so many of my amazing best friends and sisters!!

That night Jillian and Shawn were visiting so we all went out to a pub down the street and just hung out together. It was a really fun night and I really loved catching up with them!!


Lion Fan,
Johnni Z

No comments:

Post a Comment