Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Supercalifragilistic Super Bowl

Super Bowl Sunday was a great night!

On Sunday I was lucky enough to skype my mom and brothers before heading out to celebrate the greatest American tradition...the Super Bowl.

For the Super Bowl we went to the Roadhouse. In order to get seats... or try and get seats we got there pretty early. The four of us, Matt, Taylor, Rebecca and I all had dinner at Roadhouse way before the game was set to air.


After dinner we scouted out the bar in order to find somewhere to sit seeing as we only were allowed to sit at the table until 9 and the game was not going to start until 11:30.


We found great standing positions and waited a bit impatently for the game to start...or at least the pregame footage to start playing. Apparently the British crowd really does not care about pregame...like we all do!!! And sadly no puppy bowl or comercials.

Our table was close to the "football" table...a table consisting of Bristish guys wearing football uniforms...and when I say football I mean the real football... American football. They all had jerseys, pads and helemets...weird?


Throughout the night many great things happened. Our group got our picture taken because the photographer was one of my biggest fans...haha but really. He even bought me some ridiculous drink that had whip cream and a cherry!


Even more great...I made a point to go and meet number 57 on the London Blitz(The British American football team). He was adorable and we bonded over my USC shirt (that I wore in honor of the two Trojans who were playing in the Super Bowl) and our mutual love for Brian Cushing(My favorite player of all time) and Pete Carroll.


Lastly, I got to see the gorgeous and amazing Clay Mathews on tv the whole night...ahhh best night!!


After that I got to skype the majority of my family at my house and watch them all enjoying my dad's amazing food...and Green Bay jello shots? Great night but I would have loved some pulled pork!!


Super Bowl Obession,
Johnni Z

2 comments:

  1. Wow only you would be able to pull of perfectly an all-time american tradition in London and make me jealous that I wasn't there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I'm also jealous that I didn't get to hang out with Rose & the rest of your fam bam and eat PULLED PORK AND GREEN BAY JELLO SHOTS! Uhghhghhhhh

    ReplyDelete