Monday, January 24, 2011

Red Phone Booths and Shakespeare

On Friday I also visited a couple more places that could be reached by walking along the river. After walking for what seemed like forever, we located the Globe Theatre. The original Globe Theater is just a lot now with "the globe" written on it. It is crazy that people live where Shakespeare once performed his legendary plays.



Further down, we came across the new Globe Theater. Hopefully we will see an actual play there in April. It is a really cute place that is not really new but obviously it is not the original one either. It is located right next to the Tate Modern. You can also see St. Paul's Cathedral from the theater.



Since Rebecca(one of my roommates) is really into art, we ventured into the museum. The Tate Modern was really modern... hence the name and very unique. I really enjoyed the photography exhibits that included slides of Robert Frank's the Americans series. I also loved the Andy Warhol room because he is one of my favorite artists!


While I was wandering, Taylor and Rebecca were looking at the wall, which was covered with artists names from different periods, and they found a Macke. I thought that was amazing since it is rare that you find a Macke spelled the way we spell it, therefore I took a picture.



The last thing we looked at was the Millennium Bridge, which is from Harry Potter, and leads to St. Paul's Cathedral. The bridge is really strange and intriguing. Overall, it was a great, long, cold but awesome day.



My favorite part of the day however was finding all of the red phone booths and taking way too many pictures inside them!





Red Telephone Booth Lover,
Johnni Z

No comments:

Post a Comment