Saturday, January 29, 2011

Head Over Heels At Stonehenge

This week was a jam-packed week with a lot of fun things to do. On Wednesday, it was Cassie's 21st Birthday, so we had to celebrate! On Tuesday night we went to a bar in Piccadilly Circus called O'Neils. There was a live band that played every good cover song that you could imagine. It was a really good time and a really fun place. On Wednesday night we went to Roadhouse, which was really interesting. They had part of a fire truck coming out of the wall behind the stage. It was really fun because there was a Karaoke contest in which most of the participants were really good. I had a great time singing along to all the classics!



On Friday, I woke up at 6:30 a.m. in order to get to the bus and head to Stonehenge. The bus ride was about two hours. Half of the time our advisor talked on a loud microphone about numerous things that did not really excite anyone. She did point out a couple of interesting things while we were driving and explained the history of Stonehenge.



On our way we passed a lot of farm land and some beautiful scenery that looked as if light was pouring out from the clouds. We also saw the hills that were actually tombs of less important people who were not buried in the middle of Stonehenge. There were a lot of these hills, which was a little creepy but interesting at the same time.



When we got off the bus, it was freezing. It was really cold, I don't think I can even begin to explain how cold it was. Once we got in front of Stonehenge I noticed how strange it is that there are all these large stones in the center of fields. Stonehenge is absolutely stunning especially when the sun shines on it.



Surrounding Stonehenge is a field full of sheep who are just roaming around separated by a rope. It was a great experience to see the beautiful countryside and an iconic and very historical sight. It was freezing as I mentioned, so although it was really cool to see Stonehenge the wind made me very grateful to get back on the bus.



When we were all on the bus our guide said that when it is that cold they refer to it as being "brass monkey" outside. As soon as she said that all I could think about was Brass Monkey(that funky monkey) the song. So I have decided that when it is so cold that my mouth is frozen and will not move, it is safe to say it is brass monkey outside and I will then begin singing the song in my head...since I cannot move my lips.



Stunned by Stonehenge,
Johnni Z

No comments:

Post a Comment