Monday, January 10, 2011

A Night Full of Sights

As a part of my first adventure out in London and on the Tube(pronounced ch-ooo-be... although I think I sound very odd while saying it this way) I saw a couple of amazing sights. Before orientation I decided to head down to the Thames river and see it at night.

A group of us took the District Line down to see Big Ben and the London Eye. Big Ben was beautiful at night and had a gorgeous glow. As soon as you turned the corner there was a large, towering building with the clock shining brightly. 



The London Eye is really cool to look at, I haven't quiet decided if I am going to take a ride on it however, seeing as I hate rides. Granted it only goes as slow as a snail's pace, it is still a ride. If I do ride it, trust me you will all know. 



After this we walked along the Thames River in order to get back to the Tube station. Along the way we ran into a pub dedicated to Sherlock Holmes. We also walked to Trafalgar's Square, which was really nice. The giant lions, pirate ship in a bottle and large statues were stunning at night.



Love Always,
Johnni Z

No comments:

Post a Comment