Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Barnes For A Birthday

After my first day of classes, which was fine,  I headed back to Barnes... I know shocking. Tuesday was miss Sheridan's birthday... her 18th so we had to celebrate.



I made a cake (not an American cake... that would be too big and everything is smaller here in London including the cakes which is so sad). I jumped on the Tube, not literally because I rolled my ankle and cannot walk very fast let alone jump. Once I arrived at the Lay residence or my home that I show up at way too often, I helped make a banana cake!


We had dinner at the Red Lion, which is slowly becoming my favorite pub in Barnes... also the only one I have been to near there house. It was a great dinner with one of my favorite families... kind of like the Macke holidays except more girls and less American accents.

After dinner we went into town and celebrated the fact that Sheridan is legal... at least in Europe. We ended up at a club that reminded me of what it would be like to be on a tropical island. I did not let that fool me because it was absolutely freezing outside. It was a really good time and lots of dancing was involved, as usual.

Luckily I did not have class today so I took pictures of Olympic studios in honor of Lanse, since that is where Led Zeppelin recorded many of its songs... in Barnes! Then I headed back to my flat and spent the afternoon catching up on my sleep... long overdue. If all goes according to plan my ankle will be better soon and I will have more exciting adventures to tell you about. Until then.... I will try not to bore you any longer.



Crippled but walking in the rain,
Johnni Z

No comments:

Post a Comment