Saturday, April 30, 2011

Venice Beach...No, It's Camden Market!

On Thursday after finishing my final project, Taylor and I celebrated by exploring Camden Market! Camden Market is very much like Venice Beach, full of shops, a couple of crazies and food.

From the start we set out to find some unique jewelry and after tons of different shops I came home with some gorgeous pieces, a camera necklace and even a necklace with Paul McCartney's face!

We made a stop a one of the many food places along the canal to see the very fun seating areas. The seats throughout the market are old motorcycle seats that are facing the tables that you can sit on and enjoy the atmosphere.

There were lions everywhere in this area, which I really liked, although I did not really understand the reasoning behind it.

We shopped a lot, so we decided to treat ourselves to the homemade doughnuts that they make all over the market place. They were so fresh, warm and very tasty indeed!

After lunch and too much shopping, Taylor and I walked to Regent's Canal. Along the way to Regent's Canal we passed the London Zoo and saw some of the animals including birds, warthogs and dingos.

The canal was so pretty, full of boats and tons of people on relaxing walks. I loved seeing the water with the sun shining on it and all of the people on the boats, it was a side of London that I did not know was there.

Beauty Along the Canal,
Johnni Z

No comments:

Post a Comment