Saturday, April 30, 2011

London in Bloom

You know it is spring when the Easter bunny makes an appearance!

This year I was in London for Easter, not with my family, which was sad but I got to spend it with my honorary family, the Lays in Barnes.

I went to Barnes for my last long weekend with the amazing Lay family. We went on walks through the park and laid out on the lawn, seeing as there is no beach.

We had some great meals throughout the weekend and even decorated eggs, so American! On Easter itself, we woke up early to go to mass and I finally attended a traditional British mass.

Later that afternoon, I had my first Lindt chocolate egg, which was so good I could not eat just one. We then went to a family friend's house, who were Australian and had an really tasty, almost Thanksgiving like feast for lunch.

After a great day, I headed back to Islington and was greeted with an Easter basket from my roommate Taylor! I also skyped my family, an experience to say the least and had an amazing holiday!

Most recently, on Tuesday I celebrated spring by finally making my way to Wimbledon!!

Wimbledon was really interesting and so amazing because of all of its history. I got a couple of souvenirs and even got to see Center Court!!!

To top off a really fun experience we at lunch at Wimbledon and took in all that these awesome tennis courts had to offer. The courts themselves were so cool, with grass instead of concrete to play on! It was such a good time and I loved checking it off my list.

Easter and Tennis,
Johnni Z

No comments:

Post a Comment