Sunday, May 15, 2011

The End

I cannot believe that the end has come- the end of my study abroad program in London that is.

In order to finish strong, my mom came to London and we spent three days together seeing everying about London that I love.
We went to Exmouth Market and had lunch. We walked the Thames River on the way to see Big Ben(my favorite part of London) and Westminster Abbey.
It was really interesting to actually see the inside of Westminster Abbey. I have seen the exterior many times but this was the first time I got to see the inside, so amazing.


After seeing the sights, we went shopping in Oxford Circus and Bond Street-so many stores.



That night we met up with my roommates for a goodbye dinner at El Pacifico. It was so sad being together for the last time but there was never a dull moment. We sat near a lady who passed out two times and the ambulance did not come for a very long time. So odd.

The next day my mom and I went to Picadilly Circus area and explored an outdoor market that I had always wanted to go to.

We also went to Fortnum & Mason, and we both fell in love with the store. We even had lunch at the parlor with a very tasty mint sundae for dessert.

That night, my final night in London, we went to Barnes to spend the night with my second family, the Lays. We ate dinner at the Red Lion, which was where my first London meal was when I arrived in January. It seemed only fitting that it be my last official meal in England.


The next day I said goodbye to London, which had been my home for five months and my mom and I got on a flight to Croatia for a week holiday!


Love London Always,
Johnni Z

No comments:

Post a Comment